1. M.A. ENGLISH LIT: 1. PU Part I 2. PU Part II 3. UOS Part I 4. UOS Part II 5. BZU Part I 6. BZU Part II 7. UOK PART I 8. UOK PART II 9. UOP PART I 10. UOP PART II
2. GRADUATION: 1. PU B.A. English (C) 2. PU B.A. English Lit. 3. PU B.Sc. English 4. PU B.Com English 5. UOS B.A. English (C) 6. BZU B.A. English (C) 7. Other Subjects
3. INTER & A LEVEL: 1. Ist Year English (PB) 2. 2nd Year English (PB) 3. A Level English Part I 4. A Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
4. MATRIC & O LEVEL: 1. English for Class 9 (PB) 2. English for Class 10 (PB) 3. O Level English Part I 4. O Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
5. CSS/PMS: 1. Essay Writing 2. Composition & Precis Writing 3. English Literature 4. Other Subjects
Monday, 24 October 2016
DRUG ADDICTION - TEXT
(vii)Drug addiction is a common problem all over the world today. There are many forms of drug addiction, but the most dangerous of all is the absolute dependence on it. Long-term use of drugs causes permanent mental and physical sickness. The more dangerous a substance is used the more risky it becomes. It continuous use causes total dependence on the drug. Some kinds of drugs that cause disturbance of mind and body are heroin, marijuana, tobacco, Valium, cocaine and alcohol.
(viii)Drug addiction is caused by environmental factors. A few important environmental factors that may cause drug addiction are bad peer influence and troubled domestic background. When young people remain in bad company and do experiments in the name of adventure, they may fall a prey to addiction. The people who are dissatisfied and discontented with their lives may also resort to drug addiction in order to seek an escape from responsibilities of life.
(ix)The most important measure to be taken in this regard is the rehabilitation and recovery of a drug addict. In many countries, including Pakistan, addicts, their families and friends consider it a taboo to share their problem with others. They feel embarrassed to talk about it for fear of being declared an outcast. This not only makes the cure difficult but in most cases the addicts die due to lack of timely treatment and counselling.
(x)Rehabilitation centres are the best places for the control and recovery process. These centres look after the addicts. Complete medical support and guidance is provided to these people in these centres. Drug abusers, therefore, must be taken to proper and certified rehabilitation centres where proper treatment and cure is available for them. However, this requires rapid identification of the problem of drug addiction and full cooperation of the victims with the team of these centres.
(xi)The other factor that contributes in rehabilitation of the drug victim is proper counselling. The sooner it is done the better it is for the victim. The counselling process must continue even after the drug abuser is rehabilitated because of the dangers of a relapse. Doctors, family and friends must continue to critically watch and counsel the victim for better motivation and adjustment.
(xii)Drug addiction is really a very serious threat to any society. In Pakistan alone, there are almost five million drug addicts. Addicts undergo numerous economic, social and health problems. The governments all over the world have been trying to eliminate drug addiction from society but still more efforts are needed to completely wipe it out. This can only be made possible if the people become increasingly aware of the threats that drugs pose. They should vow firmly to live a healthy and meaningful life.