1. M.A. ENGLISH LIT: 1. PU Part I 2. PU Part II 3. UOS Part I 4. UOS Part II 5. BZU Part I 6. BZU Part II 7. UOK PART I 8. UOK PART II 9. UOP PART I 10. UOP PART II
2. GRADUATION: 1. PU B.A. English (C) 2. PU B.A. English Lit. 3. PU B.Sc. English 4. PU B.Com English 5. UOS B.A. English (C) 6. BZU B.A. English (C) 7. Other Subjects
3. INTER & A LEVEL: 1. Ist Year English (PB) 2. 2nd Year English (PB) 3. A Level English Part I 4. A Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
4. MATRIC & O LEVEL: 1. English for Class 9 (PB) 2. English for Class 10 (PB) 3. O Level English Part I 4. O Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
5. CSS/PMS: 1. Essay Writing 2. Composition & Precis Writing 3. English Literature 4. Other Subjects
Thursday, 27 October 2016
MAKE SENTENCES - IMPORTANT IDIOMS CLASS 9
Use the following idioms in your own sentences.
(i) Bear fruit: Your efforts will surely bear fruit.
(ii) Fall a prey: Some students fall a prey to drugs due to bad company.
(iii) Keep an eye: Media keeps an eye on every segment of the society.
(iv) Make up mind: I have made up my mind to become a doctor.
(v) Lay down life: Patriots are always ready to lay down their lives for their country.
(vi) At stake: The life of a driver is always at stake.
(vii) Ill at ease: I feel ill at ease about the interview.
(viii) Second to none: The army of Pakistan is second to none.
(ix) Man in the street: Politician rarely care what the man in the street thinks.
(x) Bits and pieces: After the accident, there were bits and pieces of the wreckage spread all over the road.