1. Who founded the Indian National Congress?
2. Mr. A.O. Hume was a liberal man. He had joined the Indian Civil Service in 1849 and retired from service after shouldering different responsibilities.
3. The Indian National Congress was founded in 1885.
4. Through this political organization, Hume wanted to put a safety valve to minimize the mounting sentiments against the British rule. It was meant to provide an outlet which could ventilate the revolutionary spirit.
5. He discussed his plan with Lord Duffrin.