Tuesday 29 August 2017

DAY NINETEEN - PASSIVE VOICE (ENGLISH GUESS PAPER FOR CLASS 9)

ACTIVE AND PASSIVE VOICE (V1 & V2)

Change the following sentences into passive voice. 
1. She likes apples. 
Passive Voice: Apples are liked by her. 
2. The boy makes the picture. 
Passive Voice: The picture is made by the boy. 
3. Khurshid helps Naushaba. 
Passive Voice: Naushaba is helped by Khurshid. 
4. The mother loves the children. 
Passive Voice: The children are loved by the mother. 
5. We use milk for making cheese. 
Passive Voice: Milk is used by us for making cheese. 
6. He will write a letter. 
Passive Voice: A letter will be written by him. 
7. She will help me. 
Passive Voice: I shall be helped by her. 
8. He will give you a box of chocolates. 
Passive Voice: You will be given a box of chocolates by him. 
9. My teacher will help me in my studies. 
Passive Voice: I shall be helped in my studies by my teacher. 
10. We shall not betray our country. 
Passive Voice: Our country will not be betrayed by us. 
11. Open the door. 
Passive Voice: Let the door be opened. 
12. Shut the window. 
Passive Voice: Let the window be shut. 
13. Speak the truth. 
Passive Voice: Let the truth be spoken. 
14. Don't tell a lie. 
Passive Voice: Let a lie not be told. 
15. They caught the thief. 
Passive Voice: The thief was caught by them 
16. He took away my books. 
Passive Voice: My books were taken away by him. 
17. A car ran over an old man. 
Passive Voice: An old man was run over by a car. 
18. The driver opened the door of the car. 
Passive Voice: The door of the car was opened by the driver. 
19. The sudden noise frightened the child. 
Passive Voice: The child was frightened by the sudden noise. 
20. She bought five video films. 
Passive Voice: Five video films were bought by her. 
21. She gave me five films. 
Passive Voice: I was given five films by her. 
22. He praised the boy for his courage. 
Passive Voice: The boy was praised for his courage by him. 
23. The doctor asked her to stay in bed. 
Passive Voice: She was asked to stay in bed by the doctor. 
24. We did not hear a sound. 
Passive Voice: A sound was not heard by us. 
25. Why did she write such a letter?
Passive Voice: Why was such a letter written by her?

Notes Prepared By: Prof. Shahbaz Asghar

2 comments: