Saturday 16 September 2017

DAY TEN - LETTERS (ENGLISH GUESS PAPER FOR CLASS 9)

DAY TEN - LETTERS

(i) Write a letter to your mother who is worried about your health. 

Examination Hall, 
A.B.C. (City)
March 20, 2018

Dear Mother, 
    I am glad to know that you are fine. I was running temperature due to bad throat. But it was a temporary ailment. I have recovered now. You need not worry about my health. I am perfectly all right. It is just weakness followed by the disease. 
Pay my regards to all at home. 

Yours affectionately, 
X.Y.Z.

(ii) Write a letter to your father asking him about the health of your mother. 

Examination Hall,
A.B.C. (City)
March 20, 2018

Dear Father, 
     From Ali's letter I have come to know that mother is suffering from high blood pressure. I am really worried about her. Please ask her to take her medicine regularly and inform me about her present condition as early as possible. 
Anxiously waiting for your reply. 

Yours affectionately, 
X.Y.Z. 

(iii) Write a letter to your sister congratulating her on her success in the exams. 

Examination Hall, 
A.B.C. (City)
March 20, 2018

Dear Sister, 
     I received your letter yesterday. I am glad to know that you have stood in your class. I am very proud of you. I believe you will translate the dreams of your parents and teachers. I owe you a gift. I will reach home this Sunday and give this gift to you personally. 
Pay my regards to all at home. 

Yours affectionately,
X.Y.Z.

(iv) Write a letter to your mother about the test you have just taken. 

Examination Hall,
A.B.C. (City)
March 20, 2018

Dear Mother, 
     I am sorry, I did not write to you earlier as I was busy preparing for my test in Physics. It was held yesterday. My performance in the test is satisfactory, I hope to get full marks in it. I request you to pray for my brilliant success. 
Pay my regards to everyone at home. 

Yours affectionately, 
X.Y.Z.

(v) Write a letter to your father requesting him to send you some extra funds for the payment of hostel dues. 

Examination Hall,
A.B.C. (City)
March 20, 2018

Dear Father, 
     My performance in studies is outstanding. However, I am upset financially. For the last few moths, I have been finding it difficult to meet my expenses out of the amount you send me every month. I, therefore, request an increase of 2000 rupees in my monthly allowance. 
Pay my regards to everyone at home. 

Yours affectionately, 
X.Y.Z. 

(vi) Write a letter to your brother about the importance of the study of science subjects. 

Examination Hall,
A.B.C. (City)
March 20, 2018

Dear Hamza,
     I am glad to know that you have now been promoted to class nine. It is time for you to decide whether you would like to study humanities or science subjects. Present people live in an "age of science". Therefore, I advise you to opt science at least up to matriculation level.
Convey my salam to your friends.

Yours affectionately,
X.Y.Z.

(vii) Write a letter to your friend congratulating her on her birthday. 

Examination Hall,
A.B.C. (City)
March 20, 2018

Dear Ayesha,
     I am glad to know that you are going to celebrate your sixteenth birthday. I am sorry that I cannot come to attend your party because of illness of my mother. However, I have posted you a gift which is a token of my love for you. May you live all the days of your life!
Convey my respects to aunt and uncle.

Yours sincerely,
X.Y.Z.

(viii) Write a letter to your friend requesting her to spend her spring holidays with you. 

Examination Hall,
A.B.C. (City)
March 20, 2018

Dear Ayesha,
     You know that our spring holidays are approaching. I would like you to spend these holidays with me. In your last letter you promised to come to me during these holidays. Now it is time to fulfill your promise.
Pay my respects to aunt and uncle.

Yours sincerely,
X.Y.Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment