Sunday 3 September 2017

DAY NINE - TRANSLATION (ENGLISH GUESS PAPER FOR CLASS 9)

TRANSLATION FROM ENGLISH INTO URDU

Paragraph No. 1
     I was sent on a three months' training course to Karachi. I made all possible attempts to leave my patient in good hands. I returned after three months to see my patient's bed taken up by another. My feet froze to the ground. I did not have the courage to ask, "What happened?"
Paragraph No. 2
     She walked on crutches, which she would leave in a few months. I was so glad that I had done those exercises on her to keep her limbs in motion. I was glad that my efforts bore fruit. But most of all, I was happy that Allah Almighty had helped me win a lost battle. 
Paragraph No. 3
     She and her family had entered into a considerable bond of friendship with me. I was humbled by their sense of gratitude towards me. I felt a sense of renewed strength in me. 'Where there is a will there is a way.' I was proud to be a nurse. 
Paragraph No. 4
     Drug addiction is a common problem all over the world today. There are many forms of drug addiction, but the most dangerous of all is the absolute dependence on it. Long term use of drugs causes permanent mental and physical sickness. The more dangerous a substance is used the more risky it becomes. Its continuous use causes total dependence on the drug. 
Paragraph No. 5
     The other factor that contributes in rehabilitation of the drug victim is proper counselling. The sooner it is done the better it is for the victim. The counselling process must continue even after the drug abuser is rehabilitated because of the dangers of a relapse. Doctors, family and friends must continue to critically watch and counsel the victim for better motivation and adjustment. 
Paragraph No. 6
     Drug addiction is really a very serious threat to any society. In Pakistan alone, there are almost five million drug addicts. Addicts undergo numerous economic, social and health problems. The governments all over the world have been trying to eliminate drug addiction from society but still more efforts are needed to completely wipe it out. 
Paragraph No. 7
     Noise pollution is one of the biggest sources of discomfort, stress and nuisance in Pakistan. In urban areas and big cities, noise pollution has reached dangerous level. For instance, a survey by the Punjab Environmental Protection Agency claims that the level of noise in Lahore has reached 91 decibels whereas a maximum of 75 decibels is acceptable. 
Paragraph No. 8
     Another source of noise pollution in urban areas is the  work on construction sites. Construction work in urban areas is usually slow and time-consuming. The transport and equipment used at construction sites, its grilling and piercing sound is a big source of noise pollution. It not only disturbs the general public but also affects construction workers by causing mental health. 
Paragraph No. 9
     Noise pollution is a serious issue and needs more attention at local and state level. People must develop more awareness about the dangerous impact of noise on human health. It is, therefore, a need to acquire more civic sense and responsible attitude to avoid the unnecessary use of this irritant in the environment. Only then our country would be a much quieter and more peaceful place to live in. 
Paragraph No. 10
     In stories, the doomed hero is usually saved at the last minute by some stroke of fortune, but almost always his sense of values is changed. He becomes more appreciative of the meaning of life and its permanent spiritual values. It has often been noted that those who live, or have lived, in the shadow of death bring a mellow sweetness to everything they do. 
Paragraph No. 11
     I shall have no time to waste in regret for longing; there is so much to see. The first day I devoted to my friends, animate and inanimate. The second day revealed to me the history of man and nature. Today I shall spend in the workaday world of the present, amid the haunts of men going about the business of life. 
Paragraph No. 12
     Now and then I have tested my seeing friends to discover what they see. Recently, I was visited by a very good friend who had just returned from a long walk in the woods. I asked her what she had observed? "Nothing in particular", she replied. I might have been incredulous, had I not been accustomed to such responses, for long ago I became convinced that the seeing see little.

No comments:

Post a Comment